The position requires review and analysis of system requirements, including supplier requirements for PCB manufacturability. Must be able to balance system requirements versus technical constraints and work closely with hardware engineer to provide the optimal solution. Consults with manager as needed.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in PCB design - RF, Analog, Digital and mixed signal.
- Experience with EMC compliance testing.
- Experience in schematic capture, library generation, routing rules creation, signal integrity optimization.
- Experience using Mentor Graphics (DxDesigner, Pads & DxDatabook).
- Able to meet tight schedules with attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrate the ability to make sound technical proposals and decisions
- Experience desired in a number of areas:
- Familiar with IPC and automotive standards.
- Flexible circuit layout knowledge.
- Automotive electronics hardware design.
- Thermal design and analysis.
- Microprocessor based systems.
- PCBA manufacturing process.
- Mechanical software experience a plus (Solidworks, CATIA, ProE).
- Education: Bachelor’s or equivalent experience considered.
- Prefer 10+ years’ experience in the field of automotive electronics engineering.
- High voltage/high power electronics design experience is desirable.